Data from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics projects employment in EMT to grow by 5 percent from 2022 to 2032. The United States currently has 170,700 EMTs, earning an average of $39,410 annually. With 14,600 new jobs opening every year, learners are actively searching for how to take EMT classes online for certification and licensing. Virtual distance classes allow students to pursue a career in EMT within a short time on a flexible schedule. Our online class experts explore the EMT the course content, contact hours, and certification. We also take online classes and handle exams for students needing help streamlining their academic journey.
EMT Online Classes: Course Structure and Content
EMT classes online are designed to provide comprehensive skills in emergency medical care. By the end of the course, the learner should be able to handle various pre-hospital emergencies customized to improve patient wellness. The course can be subdivided into three categories: EMT basic, EMT immediate, and EMT-paramedic. However, the typical course structure covers the following classes:
BLS Classes Online
Basic life support is the cornerstone of EMT classes online. These classes provide scenario-based approaches that shape the learner’s critical and problem-solving skills in emergencies. Various states require all BLS classes to align with the AHA Guidelines for CPR. It means the course must cover the following:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): This class explores chest and rescue breathing techniques, especially for cardiac arrest patients.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED): This class delves into how to operate an AED in delivering electric shock in case of cardiac arrest.
- Airway Management Techniques: This class teaches how to maintain straightforward airways, including jaw thrust and head tilt-chin maneuvers.
- Signs Recognition: This class delves into the vital signs of cardiac arrest and the recognition techniques.
- Scene Safety and Legal Laws: This class covers assessing the safety of the immediate environment before providing BLS and the legal protections when offering emergency care.
CPR Classes Online
The CPR EMT Classes Online focus on administering the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitations for patients under cardiac arrest or other breathing difficulties. A typical CPR class covers the following content sections:
- Overview of the CPR: Takes learners through the statistics of cardiac arrests, what CPR entails, and the importance of CPR in emergencies
- Understanding Cardiac Arrest: Covers the survival concepts of cardiac arrests and their causes.
- CPR Techniques: Uses videos and online simulations to demonstrate the CPR process, including hand techniques and compressions. It also covers special considerations, especially for infants, children, and pregnant women.
- Resources and Further Learning: Review other study materials and references for continued learning.
AED Classes Online
AED classes cover various aspects of Automated External Defibrillators and using them to save a patient under sudden cardiac arrest. A typical AED course covers the following:
- Overview of the AED: Takes learners through the parts and functions of the AED and how to operate the device in the optimal state.
- Understanding Cardiac Arrest: Explore the history, courses, and vital signs of Cardiac Arrest. The classes also include risk factors under various environmental conditions.
- AED Safety Measures: Cover safe handling of the AED. Learners explore how to ensure the safety of the patient, rescuer, and bystanders while using AED.
- Emergency Response Protocols: Covers the steps in AED handling and how to use it with CPR.
- Legal and Ethical Considerations When Using AED: Explore the ethical and legal considerations and protection when using the AED in emergencies.
Course Completion and Certification
Learners who complete the EMT classes online should qualify for three certifications:
- AED Certification: Administered upon completing the AED online classes and externship for technical training. Applicants must pay between $20 to $35 for the certificate, depending on the school and state. AED certificate is valid for two years in most states.
- CPR Certification: Administered upon completing the CPR online classes and technical externship training. Being CPR-certified means a learner is qualified to perform a life-saving procedure in case of cardiac arrest. The certificate costs between $20 to $25, depending on the course, school, and state. CPR certificates are renewable after two years.
- BLS Certification: Administered upon completing the BLS online classes. The cost ranges between $20 to $60, depending on the school and course. BLS certificates expire after two years.
How Long Are the EMT Classes Online?
The complete EMT classes online covering AED, BLS, and CPR take four to five months. Learners spend an average of three weeks studying online and the rest of the duration in externship practice. Some programs may take a few weeks to complete, depending on the school. Upon completing the courses, learners can apply for the certifications and receive their certificates within a few days.
Hire an Expert to Handle the EMT Exam
A 2016 report projected EMT employment to grow by 15% up to 2026. The growth was evident in the number of professionals each state hired between 2016 and 2021. Jump into this vibrant field by delegating your online classes and exams to our top experts for remote and accurate help.